Monday, November 19, 2007

2007 wrap up

Well, its the end of a hectic year. With a few months to go before I start my PhD (hopefully) and once again losing my spare time by joining the Fenner Elite as Sub Dean I have decided to tour eastern Australia.

Thursday 22nd marks the first leg. I leave Canberra with four mates from the Science Circus as we start our marathon push bike ride from Questacon, Canberra to Federation Square Melbourne. Taking a route through Cooma and passing near Jindabyne as we make our way down east of Melbourne before crossing back to Victoria's Capital.

A few days will be spent lounging with my brother before I jump on the train to Albury to see my folks. A short drive to Canberra, followed by a night's rest and I'll jump on the old motorbike and head to Brisbane to hang out with my cousin.

A couple of weeks after christmas and I'll head back down the coast to Wollongong where I can replenish my cash supplies by doing some stage work for a music festival in mid January. The short ride back to Canberra via the Princes highway will complete my monstrous journey. I'll do my best to keep the blog updated, but it will be hard on occasion. Everyone enjoy their summer! Peace out.

1 comment:

Alcifer said...

Hey Phil! How long do you expect your ride to Melbourne to take? I see that you're taking a moto' ride to Brisbane too. If the timing works out, perhaps Jen and I could accompany you at least part of the way? What is the music festival that you are working at in Wollongong?