Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My First Brew

After many years sampling the delectible range of beers supplied by my good friend Pinko, he finally convinced me to give it a go. Early one Sunday morning we strolled down to Kmart to pick up some beer ingredints before ambling over to Rimsy's house to pick up his disused brew kit. $14.50 later I had the equivalent of 2.5 cases of beer fermenting in my room.

Here I am sealing the deal with Rimsy.

Here is the brew just after I set it up

The Brew kit snug as a rug. In order to keep my room from smelling too much I keep all my windows open. Hence I have to insulate the kit for it to continue efficiently brewing. Here I am checking the hydrometer reading two days in. All seems to be going well (yes, those are chemistry textbooks my camera is resting on. Apt isn't it!).

In three weeks time I'll be having a tasting party. Hope you're all excited!

5 comments:

Alcifer said...

What is your latest specific gravity reading?

McMaster said...

Looks good Phil, better get my brews on so we can have our own little beer fest, What style of beer you doing?

Scarykrill said...

coopers pale ale. Just bottled too! Shuld be ready in two or three weeks

McMaster said...

Good stuff looking forward to the taste testing, had some issues with mine, but hopefully will survive proabbaly be bottling on Sunday or monday

Unknown said...

ahhh shit mate. it all ends bad when you brew your own beer. i've been there. it starts all good. best intentions and all that. but when you've got a cheap, nearly unlimited source of beer in your fridge it all goes pete tong. trust me on this, i've been through 25 L of beer in three days.