Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Extra extra

As an addon to my previous article I went searching for my bike, which in a moment of clarity amongst a miasma of drunkeness, I decided to leave my bike in the city and proceed on foot. This idea was due to my excessive state of inebriation and the coodination required in successfully utilising pushbike.

I clearly remember riding my bike to UniPub, and here is a phot of myself and Jenn, both of us stoked at making it this far.So on Monday afternoon I returned to the pub in order to regain one of my most prized possesions. To my utter dismay, there were no bikes cahined up outside the pub. Indeed I even checked all the bike racks surrounding the pub but to no avail. Dejected, but still somewhat humoured by the idea that either: 1. someone had stolen my bike or 2. UniPub get all bikes removed after the weekend I started trudging home taking my usual route around London Cct and up West Row. I was most dismayed with the loss of my bike lock, which is worth substantially more than my bike.

For those of you not lucky enough to have enough spent time in our nations capital to understand the important landmarks of the city, my journey took my past a well known watering hole PJ O'Reilly's. I stopped, did a double take, scanned the area around me to see if anyoe was watching my strange behaviour (there was a man looking at me funny), and slowly approached the POS red mountain bike chained up outside the pub. Sure enough my key fit the chain lock. WooHoo!!!!

1 comment:

Orbie said...

Ha ha! I'm not surprised that you forgot that last leg of our journey on the bikes.
Great day!