Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summer Journeys - Adelaide

Adelaide was an absolute blast. Michelle's cousin was (and presumably still is) hilarious and he has an accent that was mutated into some weird Irish twang (I assume due to his exposure to South Australians).
Michelle and Geoff
We spent most of our time finding new places to drink beer. We drank beer in the city, we drank beer at home and we drank beer at the beach. It was a really good couple of days rest and I would have loved to have stayed for another day but I had to be back in Canberra for work.
My beer and I
I also distinctly remember searching the city for a 'Noodle Box' on a Sunday (any place that resembles Noodle Choice in Dickson). Finally we had to settle for Wok in a Box, which is a terrible, terrible subsitute. We ate it overlooking the Torrens River and Adelaide Oval behind the Conference Centre - the vista nearly made up for the food.
More beer plus a purse, which is used to hold items that can be exchanged for beer
We visited Glenelg the next day because it had been over 24hours since seeing the ocean. Geoff joined us and we listened to some live music played by a bloke who looked suspiciously like Ash (I also made phallic symbols).
For those of you who do not know Ash he looks like this. He also can play the guitar.

No comments: