Monday, April 15, 2013

Interlude # 2 Bird and Reptile Park

Sim and I went to the bird and reptile park in Bali. I mainly wanted to see a Komodo dragon, but other highlights included crocodiles, a bird of prey show and two tortoises going at it (no photos, I gave them that amount of respect). The latter was hilarious, the male was making all sorts of noises while the female seemed thoroughly disinterested.
This was the first owl I ever saw and I was not disappointed.
The bird of prey show included eagles, owls, kites, and I think falcons. They would fly in and the presenters would throw food for them to catch.at one stage, to demonstrate the agility of one of the birds, the presenters brought a member of the crown forward, put some meat on her head and the bird snatched up without disturbing the volunteer.
Some silly tourist kept on putting her hand the enclosure. A part of me wanted to see the bird attack.
Sim and I also got up close and personnel with some Macaws. They tried to steal my sunnies and Rudolph.
I was in constant fear one of them would poop on me.
The reptile park was a bit sad. Maybe it's just because reptiles don't move much but all the crocs looked dead, one even had a large tumour-like growth on a hind foot.
They are scary and smelly and I would hate for one to get out.
There were lots of snakes and lizards and it was good to visit. Not sure I trust the lock holding in the Komodo dragon in the Reptile park though.
Am oversight I hope, but of all the enclosures only the Komodo dragon did not have the latch padlocked.
When I came across this guy wandering the park I wondered if a youth Komodo had escaped.
Not sure what this animal but it looks awfully Komodo-like.
Also, flamingoes!
All of them using two legs to stand, once again television has lied to me.

No comments: