Monday, February 23, 2015

Aussie Rules in the UK!

I've joined the Cambridge University Aussie Rules team. The whole 'season' comes down to one game, the varsity match versus Oxford. After a couple of warm-up matches against some other uni teams and the North London Lions I feeling pretty good. Below is a photo of me just before I kick the opening goal of the match.
In truth I knew I couldn't kick the distance so I was actually aiming for our full forward Mossy; missed the kick and it bounced through the open goal square.
I contested the ball on a high halfback/wing position, and moved the ball forward picking up three possessions (and one shepherd) as the team flowed forwards. The third possession was a handball receive, that I took in a half forward position before running around my man and kicking the goal

No comments: