Saturday, April 4, 2015

Home Decorating

My apartment is all a dreary white and was in dire need of spicing up. There are few ways to decorate a rented apartment, especially when I make a habit of owning as little as possible. Pretty much all I owned were a few certificates, a map of Malta I picked up on my most recent visit, and a snooker table (see Its Christmas Time for the commencement of Operation Snooker Awesome). So Gemma and I got planning (author's note: I feel really sorry for anyone looking for real decorating tips, you ain't gonna find them here).
Step one was turning a snooker table into a table tennis table so that we could use it as a crafting table.
I decided bright colours were the way to go, so with a purple snooker table already on the mind Gemma and I picked up some frames and coloured cards and got stuck into our crafting.
 
I'm smiling because I failed Kindergarten, where one usually learns skills like colouring in and cutting in a straight line.
Essentially all we did was stick the maps and certificates on coloured backing before putting them in the frames. The hardest part was getting everything centred. First in the frame itself...
My map of Malta and Doctorate. I feel like a blowhard putting my degrees up but its all I had.
 ...and then on the walls.

Surprisingly difficult. We had to keep the gap between each frame and the distance to the window alcoves constant. Once again algebra has become unexpectedly useful.
In the end though we managed to get it all done.
Now, where does one find a dartboard???
Of course, the was completing the snooker table, but that is another, and much more involved, story.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your home looks very welcoming...I hope I can come and see it. Nice to see some photos of Gemma

Unknown said...

Your home looks very welcoming...I hope I can come and see it. Nice to see some photos of Gemma

Scarykrill said...

DAD! great to hear from you! Next up I'll show how we fixed up the snooker table.