Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Highway to Uni

The motorbike ride from Albury to Canberra has long since lost its appeal. I now find it three to four hours of boredom. However with all the freeway and bypass construction taking place I realised its about to get much worse. There a lots of fantastic sights along the way so I thought I'd document them.
First up is the Ettamogah pub, just out of Albury and slightly off the road. This pub was built to look like one from a great Australian comic strip
Then there is Holbrook. This inland town is the proud owner of their very own submarine.
And only a few k's out of town their very own castle
Next up we have the Tumblong pub. This pub has a truck on the roof, it has always amazed me. Sorry about the bad photo but I didn't want to run across the freeway.Of course I can't leave out the Dog on the Tuckerbox just outside Gundagai. We used to love stopping here as kids.The Coolac Hotel. You have to love a pub on the Freeway. I've always wanted to stop here for a few brews.

Last but not least, the tractor graveyard at Bookham. This always fascinated me when we used to drive past on the way to Sydney as a little tacker. All Bookham had was a shop and the graveyard.

No comments: