Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Motorised Bliss

It took a while, but finally the has come. Seven days after the 2008 Suzuki GSXR750 became available for sale I took one for a test ride. The very next day I became a proud owner of this beast.


It is a dream to ride. This bike makes my previous ride (2002 version of the same model) feel archaic. I feel as if Suzuki invaded my mind in order to find all the niggling annoyances with the old bike and fixed. Gear changes are infinitally smoother, the speedo is built into the dash and can't be removed easily, the brakes feel firmer, and it is even aesthetically more pleasing due the much sleeker body kit. Just to add a wee bit of cream to this already delectable ride it comes with an immobiliser, neatly shaving $80 off my premium. In fact the only complaint I had was that it felt slightly less powerful than the 2002 model. However, I have since found out the suzuki R series now has three different engine modes. Flick the mode to either A or B and you have to grip the handle bars for dear life.






I must be careful though. I nearly crashed the bike on the way back from the store. Why? Its turning circle as substantially tighter - I nearly hit the curb of a roundabout!











And this time I dare any would be theives to abscond with my bike. I have purchased an alarm chain to help keep it safe. Any movement in the chain and a 98 db alarm is set off!






Its very sensitive, I can't even unlock it without setting it off. And once my bike cover is on, it looks just like a normal chain.


With the cover on it looks like a normal chain!

Two disc locks, one for each wheel has been added to deter anyone from wheeling the bike away. Yes, it will take thieves who are somewhat more professional this time...

Disc Locks

No comments: