Monday, May 12, 2008

The North Face 100

In four days I start the North Face 100 - a 100 km footrace through the Blue Mountains. While I was originally confident in my ability to compete in this solo ultarmarathon slog recent sickness destroyed my preparations. I haven't trained for over three weeks, my most recent endevours include an overnight 23 km hike through the Blue mountains, an 11.3 km mountain race acorss Nail Can Hill in Albury (I came 38th!) and two games of soccer. I hope this is enough.
I am currently resting in lead up to the event and trying to regain some weight that I lost by eating high energy food (high energy = lots of complex carbos and fats). I hope this works. I want to finish in under 20 hours but knowing the terrain and weather conditions are against its not going to be easy...

1 comment:

Alcifer said...

Phil, you've got some guts to take a shot at this epic challenge - especially after being knocked around over the last couple of weeks! Go well and don't have too many stacks. You'll have your uncanny navigational skills to fall back on if the going gets tough.

I reckon getting out there is more than half the battle. Cheers!