Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Gold Coast never smelt so Bad

Six Canberra men left the cold confines of the capital city and headed to the sunny beaches of Surfers Paradise looking for a weekend of entertainment, football, and N64.
Yes, your read correctly - we traveled all the way to Surfer's paradise to play Mario Kart
This trip was designed around the NRL, with plenty of Raiders supporters traveling up to QLD in what we hope will become an occasional Boys trip, chasing the green vikings all over Australia.
The Raiders warming up - they should have practiced more important skills such as throwing and catching.
Without describing the weekend in detail I'll give you a rundown of the highlights - oh there were many.
This sign was one of the many highlights - however I see this advice been useful outside of the putting green.

-Turning up at Melba's just in time for a swimsuit competition (I love you #6)
-Drinking/Dancing at Melba's 3 nights in a row.
Melba's. I have many hazy memories from here. Myself, Jason and Goofy enjoy a few quiet beers.
-Jason playing beer pong with a bartenders cleavage (yup, she had to fish the coin out)
Jase bounced a coin off the bar into that. Who else thinks she looks a bit sheepish?
-the sunshine
-the beach
-the pool
-the spa
-Mini golf x 3
Mini golf - a great joy. Here is Jase, Kim and Harry. Kim won overall and I think Harry came last (there were seven of us)
- Hooters (the food is not very good)
-Ten Pin Bowling
-$1 bets
- Fevola missing lots of goals in the Sydney/Carlton game; I had $5 on Betts being the lead goal scorer and he won me money (7:1).
The lady with Jase is 35 and has two kids. She hit on everybody in the pub except me (she was probably on the Dancefloor earlier - THAT comment will make sense later).
-Yoyos
-The Raiders/Titans game; Gooooooooo Titans.
-Beach Cricket

Piestche bowling to Kim. Goof trying to take a catch on the left, and Harry athletiocally kicking some sand on the right.
-many, many games of pool of which I lost none.
-Being rejected entry into Melba's as I looked like soneone who had being kicked out (honestly, I was wearing a similar shirt. I had to find the bouncer who removed the offender to prove I was me and not him).
Mini golf was challenging and brought out a full repertoire of shots
- Seeing old friends Jason (ex ressie), Alex (friend from States), Ricky (ex-bouncer from SouthPac and Melba's)
-Winning the best fart competition.
The boys on the last night. The photo accurately represents my vision by this stage. Jase is pulling a funny face, Harry flipping me the bird, Kim hidden from view, Pietsche laughing, and Alex drinking from two pints at once (one those is mine you bastard)
That last point needs clarifying. Much beer and fast food amongst seven or eight guys leads to somewhat toxic (but natural) bodily functions taking place. Our last few get togethers have given me a certain reputation. I believe timing is the most important factor and so I found the perfect time and place. I cleared a dancefloor in under four seconds.

No comments: