Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The end of an elastic era

For years I have possessed a remarkable ability to, at full pace whilst carrying heavy backpacks, fall upon either of my ankles and shrug off the injury. My ligaments behaved like rubber bands and would spring back in place with barely a change in my stride.

This all changed on Monday night when out on a light jog I managed to snap two ligaments in my right ankle, forever reducing my seemingly inherent joint flexiblity. Now I hobble like a cripple as I throw money to the local physio in an attempt to return my ankle to its former strength. Most disturbingly this has happened just weeks before the the hotly contested RSC cricket match.

2 comments:

McMaster said...

That sucks Phil hope quick recovery and can get running again soon dont need ligaments for cricket do you?

Orbie said...

Feel better, Phil

Don't worry about cricket. That other team's got nothing on ours this year! They're going down.