Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Adelaide Zoo

Whilst in Adelaide I decided to visit the zoo and see what amazing specimans of animals that are not human were on offer. There were some exciting, and not so exciting times...
Don't be fooled, this was an exciting. The giant turtle may look and move like the rock behind it, but they do live up to their title
All in all it was a bit depressing see how small some of the enclosures were. Larger animals like the lion and giraffes did not have too much space.
These guys were hilarious, at least they had space to monkey around
(not quite as subtle as my inception pun)
A few of the exciting animals are also very lazy and spent too much time sleeping. The so called 'dangerous' animals failed to strike terror, fear, or even anxiety in me. Once again John Cleese has lied to me through comedy.
At least this bloke was awake - the poison arrow frogs (circled) are dangerous in the same way
that playing with fire whilst coated in petrol is dangerous -don't touch.
There some exciting times - I came across my favourite frog (I've never seen one before) and I also saw a snake in the middle of meal (actually I could see the meal in the middle of the snake)
Holy shit, this snake is eating a mouse!
Yeah, this snake was the coolest thing I saw. I watched it for about ten minutes until I too started to get hungry.
Unlike certain animated films lemurs do not dance and sing,
and throwing coins at them just made them agitated...
The zoo had a huge number of animals, but the small cages dampened my excitement a little. The wildlife park was much better, but I do not think many patrons would attend a zoo in which you roamed with the animals. I've read way too much about the ambushing tactics of lions to trust a sleeping one.
I'm also sure meerkats would hunt in packs, sneaky bastards.

No comments: