Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Earledom

After a decade of campus lifestyle I finally took the big step forward and moved out. I found a great place in Lyneham, just around the corner from Tilley's. My new address is on Earle St.
My new abode, nicknamed the Earledam.
It has a large kitchen and a servicable, if lightly overgrown, backyard. It also has a garage for my motorbike, which saves me about $100 a year in insurance.
I no longer have to worry about bums stealing/vandalising my bike
I live with two ex-Bruce Hall residents, both of whom have graduated from uni. One of them recognised from the interhall AFL competition as we played against each other.
The kitchen in it usual state of repair
It's a bit further from the city and uni than Fenner, but it is much easier to get to Mitchell (the location of my new job).
The backyard, just ripe for some beers in the sunshine
Stubbsy has made the transition across to the Earledom ready to resume his mascot duties, although he currently just resides on my bed watching TV all day.
Stubbsy making himself at home on my bed. He seems to have lost his Bombers scarf.
There is only a small amount of storage space in my room, so I a using plastic tubs for my books and DVDs. I also had to buy a new desk for my computer.
My new desk. they are much more expensive than I remembered.
I also have too much beer to easily store. Here is a photo fo half of the beer that had to be transported (by motorbike) from Fenner to the Earledom.
Half of my undrunk beer. I found space for it all, but it was tough.
It took me one and a half days to clean by flat in Fenner, but I guess I did a good enough job as I got my bond back.
My flat in Fenner. I lived here for 4 years - that's longer than most degrees!
And so it was with a heavy heart I finally packed up my things and left Fenner, which has seen me through a Bachelor of Science, a graduate diploma in Science Communcation, and 90% of a Phd.

2 comments:

Alcifer said...

Good onya, Phill! I look forward to downing a few of those beers with you at the house-warming party.

Alcifer said...

What's news on the fire at the RSC today?