Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Gemma's Birthday: Nottingham

Everybody; say hi to Gemma.
 
Hi Gemma! Ignore the bloke with the bow and the way he looks at her.
Gemma and I traipsed off to Nottingham for her Birthday. I would love to provide a date, but for the life of me I cannot remember what it is. This will not bode well in 12 months time...I'm going to go with early February and pray that Facebook helps me out in time.
Nottingham! From the Palace Gardens. In the distance you can just make out the Nottingham cathedral.
It was a fun little day - I was a teeny bit late on the train and ended up catching a different train to her, but despite that hiccup we met up at the Nottingham station and meandered off to see some sights.
The Palace, an example of a sight.We got lost in the museum when I insisted we visit the Robin Hood exhibition.
We found a pub built into a city wall (or was it a palace wall?), sauntered through the palace gardens, and found a statue of Robin Hood (see above).
The palace again, because it was either this or another one of the Robin Hood statue.
We finished our evening with dinner and then smashing a couple of cocktails because we're super classy!

No comments: