Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Best snooker house in Leicester!

This next article is so full of awesomeness I just had to skip the timeline (and some pretty cool stuff has happened between February and now).

So, I kinda really like pool/snooker as demonstrated previously here and here and elsewhere. Hence, I had to get a table. This posed some problems:

Problem 1: you need a really big living area to fit one.
Solution: by disregarding cost of rent when looking for my new flat.

Problem 2: They're expensive (like £1200 expensive + delivery)
Solution: Ebay - found an great table for £100 and some delivery blokes for £160 on UHaul

The courier blokes were good to, they delivered it and helped me carry it upstairs. It was then left in my bedroom because...

Problem 3: My Hallway is really tiny; too tiny to maneuver it into my living space
At first I thought I was going to have to dismantle it...
Solution: Mathematics, and testing with string and slate sized cardboard and a little but of faith (the apartment blocks stairwell is tiny too).

Creating angles by leaving the Bathroom door open helped
Problem 4: The slate weighs 200 kgs and I am only one man
Solution: I may be Hercules. Yup, I moved it myself because I do not have a pre-existing back injury already
Baiky, as usual, just watched.
Problem 5: It was in pieces, I do not own any tools, and I failed all design and tech courses in school. What can I say? I'm a scientist not an engineer.
Solution: Gemma, however, designs stuff for a living, and aced all tech courses at school.
 I would have helped but I was busy preparing dinner.
Problem 6: 200 kgs of slate is really, really heavy (see Problem 4)
That's right,  Hercules was Greek not Maltese.
Solution: Call on friends who do not have flippers to assist (Shane not pictured), and Viola...
 I am now the most annoying neighbour on my floor!

No comments: