Sunday, October 18, 2009

Au domoni Iko - I love you (Beachcomber)

Chronicling the events of Beachcomber is task beyond my alcohol addled memories. The bar was
The staff were awesome, here they let me pour my own beer!
open from early morning until late night and combining this with the three happy hours throughout the day it is understandale my natural compulsion to enjoy a glass of the amber drop was adequately fuelled .
Tash and Amanda: Nick (you'll meet him soon) and I spent all day night with these super girls. We danced, we drank, we swam, and I woke up in my bed. Due to unexplained memory loss much of this night is recorded through the photographic medium only
I met many a great new person, as well as spending time with the old. Katie, Helen, and Rachel were prese for the first night, and Tom joined me for the second and third night (I stayed an extra day to ensure my liver fully understood hard yakka).
Tom and I buy a jug of beer and a shot jaeger each - I think the Black Eyed Peas summed it up the best, Tonight's going to be a good night (played at 8:00pm on the dot; Beachcomber playlist)
I met a few Australians, Marina and her cousin on the first night and some Tasmanians on the the third. I made close friends with some Kiwis - Nick and I bonded over two nights,
Nick and I became firm friends. Soon I'll be seeing him in Melbourne
and Paul a fellow chemist (analytical).
Paul displaying Kiwi pride. I will be visiting him in the enxt 12 months!
I also meet a cute german chemist named Michel.
Chemists uniting from across the world.
The english were there too (as always) and of course - as it was the weekend - there were many japanese.
We buried Oji (uncle in japanese: nicknamed by his friends cuz he is sooooo old). Then I gave him a stick so I could touch his wood
The islands dive instructor was also japanese and not a night went by in which we didn't play his awesome drinking game sae no (remaned to fuck yeah go! by the aussies).
I'm devastated I have forgotted the Dive instructor's name, particularly because I was the only person who could pronounce it.
daytime was filled with sitting by the beach, juggling, cards games and tricks, and volleyball. The night was partying - dancing, swimming in the ocean, singing, drinking - the list goes on.
Nightime antics...
The true feeling of Beachcomber can be summed up in on phrase: To any general statement or question asked [such as what is there to do here? Is this place good? I feel sick/tired/hungover.) It's Beachcomber (optional refrain: relax).
Beachcomber!

No comments: